5.27.2013

Boogie Wonderland



Urban Outfitters halter top, Free People denim cutoff shorts, Thrifted kimono, Big Buddha wedges, Hot Haute Hot jewelry

A funky kimono and donuts. I couldn't think of a better way to start off. I have been so excited to finally start a blog of my own- a blank canvas that I can be the silly me that I am. I just recently went and visited the Free People Home Offices and had the most incredible experience of my life. The people, atmosphere, and fashion was creative and refreshing. The trip gave me the final push of confidence I needed to go ahead and start this blogging adventure. 

My summer obsession so far has been mixing lengths and patterns. I spent this Sunday in the cultural streets of Pittsburgh's Strip District and felt like I belonged back in the 70's. The Strip District is such a fun place full of adventure. My mother has co-owned a store on the corner called Hot Haute Hot since I was a little girl. I strutted my tall lanky [awkward] self up and down the strip exploring the streets that have exposed my eyes to so much inspiration throughout my life. The territory is familiar and each step I take makes me feel at home. Instant happiness can be achieved by walking a block out of Hot and inhaling. Breathe. Donuts. A tiny shop called Peace, Love and Little Donuts provide fluffy, sweet, colorful bites of heaven. The taste of home. Isn't it weird how connected you can be with a certain area? I love that feeling. Being surrounded by thousands of strangers and old brick buildings with so much history, and still feel so small and connected. That is the strip for me. I wonder what that street was like in the 70's. I bet I would've fit in perfectly. My messy curls, groovy kimono, bold prints, and high wedges. I'm glad I don't fit in- fashion to me is the unexpected, the weird looks, the standing out. 

On that note...

Happy Monday! Be your beautiful self.

 I just bought a new camera, have a wonderful photographer for shoots, and cannot wait to post again.

xx