6.06.2013

Swing batter batter batter, swing












Free People New Romantics Carnival Baseball Jacket, Vintage striped halter top, Single newspaper skirt, Vintage Doc Martens

Ok ok ok. This post excites me. I finally get to introduce my dear friend and photographer, Jenn Razete. She has a way with her camera that makes me dance when I'm on the opposite side of her lens. Throughout this blogging journey, she will be shooting some of my outfits and I know y'all will enjoy her creative shots as much as I do! 

This outfit describes me perfectly: free and nerdy. I found this newspaper skirt in that same old brown U-Haul box full of moms old clothes and it was another victory in my head... circa 1995. I love graphic pieces and mixing them with the unexpected. Playing up the newspapers with a colored candy-striper halter had me laugh but also love. 

The baseball jacket. I purchased it on my trip to Philadelphia when I visited the Free People Home Offices. We went and shopped one day and I couldn't leave the store without it. Just one of those pieces that I will have and hold, through sickness and health....(until death do us part)? Really though- Marry and bury me in this jacket. I can't get enough. Free People's New Romantics line is designed and detailed in a way that keeps me craving more. I loved throwing the jacket on with this retro outfit to keep my boho heart beating. As much as playing with vintage, thrift finds, and fun designers makes me smile- I'm always finding myself adding a little touch of FP to a look. It's who I am.

Have a happy Thursday!

[To learn more or contact Jenn Razete] :