2.25.2014

Today Is Perfect

O'Neill top, pants, beanie, Vintage Levi Vest, Doc Martens

A day with 90s point-and-shoot cameras, my composition notebook with markings of my dizzied brain, and a warm cup of something delicious is a day spent well. For me, I don't need to be entertained with extravagance to achieve a wonderful day. It's the little things in life that make me happy, and if I have "me" time, I want to spend it in a coffee shop. No matter what city, state, or country, if I can stumble into a coffee shop with good vibes, smooth tunes, and a rich cup of something, I'm one happy camper. The one above, "Cup of Joe", is located down the street from my house here at school in Raleigh, NC. I absolutely love the place; everyones friendly, and the style is soooooo rad. I mean, do y'all remember these old desks from high school? I remember scribbling doodles all over them with my Lisa Frank pencils. If you ever happen to go, order the Voltaire; hot cocoa poured over as many espresso shots as you'd like. Grabbing one of those and sipping while writing anything and everything really is the perfect cure for any of the ups and downs in life. Simplicity, beautiful little details, and moments to myself… the perfect day.

O'Neill recently reached out to me asking if I'd share my idea of the perfect day and help get y'all involved with the launch of their latest campaign, 'Today is Perfect'. This amazing contest is surrounded by the idea that today is perfect, the day is what you make of it and there is beauty in even the smallest things. Isn't that the truth? Y'all can get involved by uploading photos of why you think 'today is perfect'. So get creative - if your happiness was a cup of coffee, a sunset, a good book, or your best friends, share it! Enter and upload your photo on either Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and tag #TodayIsPerfect and @oneillwomens - or enter here on their site! Also tag me so I can see all of your wonderful ideas of the perfect day! One grand prize winner will be selected to win their ultimate perfect day at a value of $5,000. So get going, babes!

11 comments:

  1. You make things look effortless that would be awkward on me. I love this about your posts!

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm sure you'd look beautiful!!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love your style so so much. I was just wondering, who takes these lovely photos of you? Do you or did you ever have trouble finding a way to get your head-to-toe look captured for your blog? I would appreciate the advice if you have any. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babe! It just depends - sometimes I have professional photographers capturing me, and sometimes I'll just hand the camera over to a friend or family depending who I'm with and where I am. I really have a vision for what I want my outcome to be so it just takes a lot of communication with the photographer.

      xxx,
      madisyn

      Delete
  3. I'd love to feature you on my blog!
    fiveftoffashion.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete